Haryana Switch to Hindi
Flower Export Market to Be Built in Gurugram on the Technology of Netherlands
Why In News?
- On October 6, 2022, in a release issued by the Gurugram district administration, it has been informed that a modern global flower market has been announced by the Haryana Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Minister JP Dalal in Gurugram district.
- It is known that Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Minister JP Dalal had visited Alsamir Flora Market in the Netherlands with his delegation.
- He said that based on the technology of flower market in Netherlands, flower market will also be set up in Gurugram and flowers will be exported abroad from this mandi. This will increase the income of flower producing farmers of NCR including Haryana.
- It is noteworthy that 440 million flowers come daily in the flower market of the Netherlands. Of these, 30 percent of the flowers come from local and 70 percent from other countries. They are bid online from 6 am to 9 am.
- Research and development center will also be set up for farmers. Most of the mandi to be built in the district will be air conditioned. Facility will be made available for storage of flowers in the mandi. Many farmers are engaged in flower production in Farrukh Nagar and Pataudi region. Due to lack of flower markets in the city, they have to go to Gurugram or Delhi to sell their flowers at cheap prices.
Switch to Hindi