Why In News?
- On October 6, 2022, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of development works worth Rs 472 crore and gave a gift to the people of the state.
- Chief Minister inaugurated LIC constructed at a cost of Rs.250 crores. Inaugurated the elevated road from Bhawan to Sodala, which will give great relief to the residents of Jaipur. He also announced to name the elevated road as 'Bharat Jodo Setu'.
- Apart from this, he laid the foundation stone of 6 other projects worth Rs 222 crore.
- 43 MLD in Sankalp Nagar-Sanjharia Laying of foundation stone of Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) of capacity.
- Foundation stone of guest house in Rajasthan International Center campus.
- 1200 mm in Prithviraj Nagar (North). Laying of foundation stone of main trunk line of Beas.
- 600-900 mm in Prithviraj Nagar (North). Laying of foundation stone of main trunk line of Beas.
- Foundation stone laid for drainage work on Luniawas-Goner Road.
- Foundation stone of main drainage work on Vande Mataram Road-Muhana Mandi Road.
Why In News?
- On October 6, 2022, in a release issued by the Gurugram district administration, it has been informed that a modern global flower market has been announced by the Haryana Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Minister JP Dalal in Gurugram district.
- It is known that Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Minister JP Dalal had visited Alsamir Flora Market in the Netherlands with his delegation.
- He said that based on the technology of flower market in Netherlands, flower market will also be set up in Gurugram and flowers will be exported abroad from this mandi. This will increase the income of flower producing farmers of NCR including Haryana.
- It is noteworthy that 440 million flowers come daily in the flower market of the Netherlands. Of these, 30 percent of the flowers come from local and 70 percent from other countries. They are bid online from 6 am to 9 am.
- Research and development center will also be set up for farmers. Most of the mandi to be built in the district will be air conditioned. Facility will be made available for storage of flowers in the mandi. Many farmers are engaged in flower production in Farrukh Nagar and Pataudi region. Due to lack of flower markets in the city, they have to go to Gurugram or Delhi to sell their flowers at cheap prices.
Why In News?
- Ashtam Oraon, a resident of Jharkhand's Gumla district, has been appointed as the captain of the Indian women's football team, announced on October 5, 2022, for the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2022.
- Six players from Jharkhand, including Ashtam Oraon, have got a place in India's 21-man squad announced for the World Cup. These include Neetu Linda, Anjali Munda, Anita Kumari, Poornima Kumari and Sudha Ankita Tirkey.
- Significantly, the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup 2022 will be held in Bhubaneswar, Margao (Goa) and Navi Mumbai from October 11.
- Ashtam Oraon hails from a small village Banari Goratoli under Gumla district of Jharkhand. Last March, Ashtam Oraon was selected in India's senior women's football team, then he was selected in the Under-17 national camp. Due to his excellent performance, the selectors have assigned him the role of team captain.
- It is known that this is the first time that 6 players from Jharkhand have been selected together in the Indian team of Under-17 women's football.
Why In News?
- On October 6, 2022, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel launched the Chhattisgarhia Olympic Games at Sardar Balbir Singh Juneja Indoor Stadium to give global recognition to the traditional sports of Chhattisgarh.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister also released a brochure giving information about Chhattisgarhia Olympic Games.
- It is worth mentioning that Chhattisgarhia Olympics has been started on the initiative of the Chief Minister to keep people connected with the culture of Chhattisgarh and to promote local sports. This will give the local people a platform for sports on one hand, while increasing awareness about sports and also developing sportsmanship.
- The Olympics, which will run from October 6 to January 6, 2023, will feature people in the age group of less than 18 years, 18 to 40 years and above 40 years in the contingent and singles category.
- 14 types of traditional sports have been included in this Olympics in team and single category. In this, games like Gilli-Danda, Pitthul, Sankhali, Langdi race, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, tug of war and Banti (Kancha) have been included in the party category. At the same time, the sports discipline of the single category includes Billas, Fugdi, Gedi run, Bhanwara, 100 meters race and long jump.
- Apart from this, volleyball, hockey and tennis ball and cricket have also been included in it.
- On this occasion, the Chief Minister said that the culture and civilization and unique identity of Chhattisgarh is due to the rural traditions and customs here. Traditional sports have special significance in this. In the last few years, people were forgetting these games of Chhattisgarh. Chhattisgarhia Olympic Games have been started to keep the games permanent, to make them aware of the coming generation.
- These games of Chhattisgarh are entertaining as well as beneficial for health. In rural areas, children, elderly and young people are all involved in physical activities like exercise etc. from these games.
- It is noteworthy that in the meeting of the Council of Ministers held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on September 6, 2022, the Cabinet had decided to organize Chhattisgarhia Olympic Games from this year, taking a new initiative towards promoting local and traditional sports in Chhattisgarh.
Why In News?
- On October 6, 2022, Uttarakhand Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj informed that a trekking policy is being prepared through the Tourism Department for the safety of trekkers and trekking tourists climbing high peaks in the state.
- Tourism Minister Satpal Maharaj said that special care will be taken for the safety of trekkers and trekking tourists in the state in the trekking policy.
- Under the policy, satellite phones will be provided by the government to the leader of the mountaineering team, so that the location can be easily detected in case the mountaineering team is caught in any difficulty or disappearance.
- Apart from this, provisions are being made in the policy to give licenses to porters on the basis of training and experience.
- There is no policy in the state for trekking. Trekking tourists leave on the track route without any notice. In case of an accident, the government and administration also do not have any details of the tracking team.
- In the year 2003-04, the guidelines for mountaineering were made, which was applicable only for professional trekkers. At present, the special focus of the government is on promoting adventure tourism, due to which tourists from outside areas are coming to Uttarakhand for trekking.
- It is worth mentioning that every year in addition to professional trekkers from all over the country and the world, tourists interested in adventure tourism come for trekking. There have been many incidents with mountaineering teams. Now the government is formulating a policy for the safety of tourists and trekkers coming for trekking.
Switch to Hindi