Haryana Switch to Hindi
Champion of Change Haryana-2021 Award
Why In News?
- According to the information given by the Haryana Public Relations Department on October 5, 2022, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has been awarded the 'Champion of Change Haryana-2021' award in the 'Champion of Change Haryana-2021' program organized in Chandigarh.
- Former Chief Justice of Supreme Court and former Chairman of Human Rights Commission Justice K.G. The award has been presented to Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on the recommendation of the selection committee headed by Balakrishnan. Manohar Lal is the first Chief Minister of Haryana, who has got this distinction.
- Chief Minister Manohar Lal has been honored with the Champion of Change Haryana-2021 award for his efforts to change the picture of Haryana's functioning and administrative efficiency through good governance in the last eight years.
- The Gandhi-Mandela Foundation, formed in the name of the Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi and former President of South Africa, late Nelson Mandela, known as the world's biggest change motivator, and the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy, a national and state level awarding organization for change Lal was awarded
- It is to be noted that the Interactive Forum on Indian Economy is also going to organize the 'Global Champion of Change' program in Washington DC, USA at the international level by next year .
- It is noteworthy that this was the 5th edition of the organization, in which 25 other personalities, including the Chief Minister, were honored with the Champion of Change Haryana-2021 award, who became an inspiration for change in various fields.
- The first edition was held on 26 December 2018 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi in which the award was presented by the then Vice President Venkaiah Naidu to Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh was given Similarly, in the second edition, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia and Union Minister Anurag Thakur; In the third edition, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant, Union Minister of State Shripad Naik and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin was honored in the fourth edition on September 30, 2021, to former Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil.
- As part of its process, the selection committee invites applications for the award based on feedback from the people over a period of six months and then the members of the selection committee assess the applications and send the selected names to the institutes.
- The members of the selection committee for the Gandhi-Mandela Award include former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and former Chairman of the Human Rights Commission Justice Dr. K. G. Balakrishnan, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Dipak Misra, former Chief Justice of Nepal Justice Kedarnath Upadhyay, former Chief Justice of Bangladesh Justice Mohammad Tafazzul Islam and former Supreme Court of India Judge Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
National Level Saras Fair Organized for the First Time in Gurugram
Why In News?
- On October 4, 2022, a government spokesman of Haryana said that for the first time in Gurugram district of the state, a national level Saras fair would be organized from October 7 to 23, 2022 at Laser Valley Ground, Sector-29.
- More than 250 stalls of art and culture products of 27 states of the country will be set up here. For the food lovers, 30 live food stalls of different states will be set up separately. In a way, people coming to this fair will have a vision of Mini India, where apart from popular products of different states, delicious dishes will be available and through cultural programs, there will be a full opportunity to know and understand the culture there.
- The government spokesman said that in this fair, workshops will also be organized on two topics daily for women of self-help groups so that they can earn more profits by developing skills in selling their products and marketing etc.
- It is noteworthy that the Ministry of Rural Development is going to launch its e-commerce platform soon for better and effective marketing of products prepared by women of self-help groups. So far, these products were being delivered to people through e-commerce companies such as Amazon, FlipCart and other online sites.
Switch to Hindi