Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the launch of Siyan helpline for the elderly in the state from November 1 (State Formation Day) on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons.
- This helpline will help in providing assistance to the elderly, whose children are working abroad or in other places of the country, in emergency situations. In this regard, the Chief Minister has issued instructions to the Chief Secretary and asked him to ensure the arrangement of helpline after discussing with the police and social welfare department.
- In view of the lack of effective arrangements in the state to help such elderly people who are alone in the house and whose children are working outside the state, the Chief Minister has taken the initiative to start the Siyan Helpline with sensitivity.
- The Chief Minister said that elaborate arrangements have been made in Chhattisgarh for respectful environment, protection of life and property, medical care, shelter and legal protection in the society towards senior citizens. Pension amount is being provided to the elderly through 'Mukhyamantri Pension Yojana' and 'Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme'.
- As many as 31 old age homes are being run in 23 districts of the state to provide free accommodation, food, clothing, medical and family environment to the destitute elderly. The state government is trying to run at least one old age home in each district so that the destitute elderly can get shelter.
- Chief Minister Baghel said that palliative care homes have been started in Kabirdham, Durg and Balod districts for their medical and care for the elderly, who are suffering from serious illness or are completely dependent on others for their daily activities due to old age.
- Senior Citizen Auxiliary Equipment Supply Scheme is being operated to provide services of assistive devices, medical care to the elderly according to their need to solve the problem of old age. Through this, equipment's like walkers, crutches, sticks, wheel chairs, glasses, hearing aids are provided to the elderly.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University (Amendment) Bill, 2022. The bill was passed by the Chhattisgarh Assembly on July 25, 2022.
- The amendment bill amends sub-section (2) of Section 13 of the Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University Act, 2004 (No. 25, 2004 ).
- After this amendment, the term of vice-chancellor of Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University has been increased from 4 years to 5 years or till attaining the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier. At the same time, the restriction of his eligibility for appointment of more than two terms has also been abolished.
- Apart from this, by this amendment bill, clauses (Eight) and (Nine) of sub-section (1) of section 22 of the principal Act, clauses (eight), (nine) and clauses (Ten) have been substituted. In this amendment, the Director/CEO in-charge of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)/Bhilai Steel Plant (BSP), Bhilai, ex-officio. Provision has been made to include the Executive Director (Personnel and Administration) as a member of the Executive Council of the University.
Why In News?
- On 30 September 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Electricity Duty (Amendment) Bill, 2022. In this amendment, there has been a percentage increase in the rates of effective energy charges for different consumer categories.
- 1 and 2 mentioned in Part A (Section 3(1)(a) of the Bill, respectively, the rate of effective duty in percentage of current energy charges for domestic consumers was increased by 3 percent from 8 percent to 11 percent and the current effective rate for non-domestic consumer to 12 percent. After 5 percent increase, 17 percent fee has been fixed.
- Similarly, in Part A (Section 3(1) (a)), the duty has been increased for various consumer categories and industrial units, small and medium industries etc. from simple no.3 to 13. The highest rate of the schedule has been fixed for Saral No.14 and 15.
- Similarly, in section 3(1) (b) of Part B, simple no. There has been no change in the rates of duty for the consumers of 16, that is, for electricity consumption obtained through open access outside the state.
- 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 24 of Part-C (Section 3(1)(c)) of the Bill, the rates of duty in percentage of energy charges for generating companies, private and public companies of the State etc. have been increased and the duty for the generating units mentioned in Saral No. 18 has been kept unchanged.
Why In News?
- On September 30, 2022, the winning cities were announced in the Indian Cleanliness League (ISL) of the Cleanliness Survey. In this, seven urban bodies of Chhattisgarh are at number one and one is at second place.
- The prize distribution function of Swachhta Survekshan (Cleanliness Survey) 2022, organized on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi, will be held on October 1, 2022 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- The awards will be presented by the President and the Union Minister at the event. The details of the awards are yet to be announced by the Government of India. The details of the awards will be received by the President after the inauguration of the award dashboard.
- Under different sections in the Indian Sanitation League, Bhatgaon and Mana Camp in urban bodies with a population of less than 15 thousand, Khairagarh in a population of 15 to 25 thousand, Jashpur Nagar and Kondagaon in a body with a population of 25 to 50 thousand, from 50 thousand Birgaon in 1 lakh, Ambikapur has secured first place in population of 1 lakh to 3 lakh, while Raipur has secured second place among cities with population more than 10 lakh.
- All 169 urban bodies of the state have participated for the cleanliness survey 2022. For this, the survey team had been visiting the bodies continuously for the last 8 months. The progress of Swachh Bharat Mission along with state-sponsored schemes like Mission Clean City, Swachhta Shringar, Suvidha 24, Godhan Nyay Yojana, Nidan-1100, Nishtha etc. was inspected by the survey team. After inspection of the bodies, the condition of ODF was found to be good as in the previous years.
- All 169 urban bodies of the state have participated for the cleanliness survey 2022. For this, the survey team has been continuously visiting the bodies for the last 8 months. The survey team inspected the progress of Swachh Bharat Mission along with state-sponsored schemes like Mission Clean City, Swachhta Shringar, Suvidha 24, Godhan Nyay Yojana, Nidan-1100, Nishtha etc. in the bodies. After inspection of the bodies, the condition of ODF was found to be as good as in the previous years.
- In the event organized this time, the state’s largest body in the country, Chhattisgarh is expected to be
- The performance of the state bodies is also expected to be excellent in the public awareness representatives organized by the state government during the Amrit Mahotsav, such as cleanliness of statues of great men by citizens, branding of squares, maintenance of monuments etc. The award function of Swachh Survekshan is being organized at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
Switch to Hindi