Chhattisgarh Electricity Duty (Amendment) Bill, 2022
- 01 Oct 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On 30 September 2022, Chhattisgarh Governor Anusuiya Uikey signed the Chhattisgarh Electricity Duty (Amendment) Bill, 2022. In this amendment, there has been a percentage increase in the rates of effective energy charges for different consumer categories.
- 1 and 2 mentioned in Part A (Section 3(1)(a) of the Bill, respectively, the rate of effective duty in percentage of current energy charges for domestic consumers was increased by 3 percent from 8 percent to 11 percent and the current effective rate for non-domestic consumer to 12 percent. After 5 percent increase, 17 percent fee has been fixed.
- Similarly, in Part A (Section 3(1) (a)), the duty has been increased for various consumer categories and industrial units, small and medium industries etc. from simple no.3 to 13. The highest rate of the schedule has been fixed for Saral No.14 and 15.
- Similarly, in section 3(1) (b) of Part B, simple no. There has been no change in the rates of duty for the consumers of 16, that is, for electricity consumption obtained through open access outside the state.
- 17, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 24 of Part-C (Section 3(1)(c)) of the Bill, the rates of duty in percentage of energy charges for generating companies, private and public companies of the State etc. have been increased and the duty for the generating units mentioned in Saral No. 18 has been kept unchanged.