Why In News?
- On October 2, 2022, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel announced the award of awards in the name of the country's eminent theater artist, playwright and director Late Habib Tanveer and litterateur and environmentalist Late Anupam Mishra.
- Chief Minister Mr. Bhupesh Baghel announced this award in the name of both the personalities at a program organized on Gandhi, Youth and Challenges of New India at Shaheed Smarak Bhawan in Raipur.
- Late Habib Tanvir was born on September 1, 1923 in Raipur. After getting education, he moved to Mumbai in 1945 and started a job in All India Radio as a producer. While there, he wrote songs for Hindi films. He also acted in a few films. Composed many plays.
- Habib Tanveer received many awards and the Pt Vibhushan Samman in the year 2002. He was also a Rajya Sabha MP from 1972 to 1978. His play Charandas Chor was the first Indian play to be awarded at the Edinburgh International Drama Festival (1982). His major works include Agra Bazaar (1954), Charandas Chor (1975).
- Renowned writer, editor, cinematographer and Gandhian environmentalist late Anupam Mishra was born in Wardha, Maharashtra to Sarla Mishra and famous Hindi poet Bhawani Prasad Mishra in 1948.
- He did his post-graduation in Sanskrit from Delhi University in 1969 and after that he joined The Gandhi Peace Foundation in Delhi. He was working for the environment since then no department of environment was opened in the country. With his efforts, the work of water conservation started in drought-hit Alwar, which was seen and appreciated by the world.
- He was awarded the Chandrashekhar Azad National Award by the Government of Madhya Pradesh in the year 2007-2008. In the year 2011, he was awarded the country's prestigious Jamnalal Bajaj Award. In the year 1996, he was also honored with the Indira Gandhi Environment Award.
Why In News?
- President Draupadi Murmu presented four awards in Swachh Survekshan Gramin to Chhattisgarh at an award ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi on October 2, 2022, at the Swachh Bharat Diwas 2022 event held on Gandhi Jayanti.
- Chhattisgarh has emerged as the top performing state in the Swachh Bharat Mission (Rural) survey conducted by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, Ministry of Jal Shakti. Along with this, Chhattisgarh has also received national awards in 3 other categories.
- Among the best performing districts in the East Zone, Durg and Balod have bagged the second and third positions respectively.
- Along with this, Chhattisgarh has got the third position in the Central Zone in the wall writing competition on ODF Plus.
Why In News?
- On October 2, 2022, on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, while launching the ambitious 'Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Park Scheme' statewide, laid the foundation stone of 300 rural industrial parks in different districts of the state. Also released the 'Logo' of Rural Industrial Park 'RIPA'.
- It is worth mentioning that on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, village Gauthans are being developed as Rural Industrial Parks to provide employment and income sources to the rural poor families. For this various livelihood activities are being conducted here. These parks are being developed as rural production and service centres.
- Addressing the program, the Chief Minister said that rural industrial parks will play an important role in realizing Mahatma Gandhi's dream of self-reliant and self-reliant villages. Through this scheme, steps have been taken strongly towards making the villages self-reliant.
- The Chief Minister said that 300 rural industrial parks are being developed in the first phase. For this, one to three acres of land in Gauthans has been reserved for the park. In the first phase, two Gauthans in each development block are being developed as rural industrial parks.
- In the budget of the current financial year, a provision of Rs 600 crore has been made for Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Park. An amount of Rs 1 crore each has been provided to all the approved rural industrial parks. With this amount, arrangements are being made for training of youth along with construction of working sheds and approach roads in these parks along with providing electricity and water facilities.
- Units for the manufacture of vermi compost, poultry, goat rearing, agricultural and horticultural crops and processing of minor forest produce are being set up in the Gauthans developed under the 'Suraji Gaon Yojana'. Along with this, flourmill, pulse mill, oil mill is also being established.
- In these activities, a large number of women and youth of self-help groups in rural areas are getting good means of income along with employment, which is improving their economic condition. Panchayat and Rural Development Department has been made the nodal department for this scheme.
Switch to Hindi