Q. Ethical leadership is the cornerstone of good governance, as it inspires public trust and champions transparency, accountability, and inclusivity within government institutions. Comment. (150 words)21 Sep, 2023 GS Paper 4 Theoretical Questions
- Begin with a concise introduction to the concept of ethical leadership and its relationship with good governance.
- Discuss why ethical leadership is essential in the context of governance.
- You can conclude by reinforcing the idea that ethical leadership is crucial for the well-being of citizens and the effective functioning of government institutions.
Ethical leadership serves as the cornerstone of good governance, playing a pivotal role in inspiring public trust and championing values such as transparency, accountability, and inclusivity within government institutions. This is a critical aspect that holds immense significance in the functioning of any democratic society.
Ethical leadership is fundamental to good governance because:
- Trust-building: Ethical leaders, characterized by integrity and honesty, earn public trust, forming the foundation of good governance.
- Transparency: Ethical leaders ensure public access to government information, fostering trust and informed citizen judgment.
- Accountability: Ethical leaders hold themselves and their team accountable, preserving government institutions' credibility.
- Inclusivity: Ethical leaders value diversity, ensuring all voices are heard in decision-making for fairness and equity.
- Long-term perspective: Ethical leaders prioritize society's long-term well-being over short-term gains, promoting sustainable governance.
- Conflict resolution: Ethical leaders resolve conflicts through dialogue and diplomacy, fostering social harmony and stability.
- Crisis management: Ethical leaders navigate crises with integrity and transparency, making tough decisions for the greater good and communicating honestly with the public.
Ethical leadership is essential for good governance, fostering trust, transparency, accountability, inclusivity, and the rule of law. Prioritizing people's interests is crucial for democratic institutions, making ethical leadership a timeless asset for citizen well-being in an ever-changing world.
To get PDF version, Please click on "Print PDF" button.Print PDF