Year of Awareness on Science and Health (YASH)
- 05 May 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
The National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology (DST) has launched a programme on health and risk communication ‘Year of Awareness on Science & Health (YASH)’ with focus on Covid-19.
- The programme is a comprehensive and effective science and health communication effort for promoting grass-root level appreciation and response on health.
- The programme is aimed at minimizing risks at all levels with the help of public communication and outreach activities, promoting public understanding of common minimum science for community care and health safety measures like:
- personal sanitation and hygiene,
- physical distancing,
- maintaining desired collective behaviour and so on.
- It aims to reduce the fear of risks and build confidence with necessary understanding for adopting sustainable healthy lifestyles and nurturing scientific culture among masses and societies.