- 20 Jul 2019
- 1 min read
The Union Ministry of Textile has received a proposal to establish Urban Haat for handicrafts and craftsman at Madhubani, Bihar.
- Objective: It aims to setup a permanent marketing infrastructure (for handloom weavers and artisans) in big towns and metropolitan cities in order to eliminate middle agencies.
- Beneficiary: Urban Haats will be set up in the big towns/metropolitan cities to provide direct marketing facilities to the craft persons and weavers.
- Implementation: State Handicrafts, handlooms development corporations, and tourism development corporations with sufficient financial resources and organisational capacity will implement the project.
- Eligibility: National level and State level handloom agencies/ corporations/ cooperatives/ primary cooperatives/ weavers/ artisans are eligible beneficiaries of urban haat initiative.
- The financial ceiling : for Urban Haat is Rs. 300 lakh for each unit.