UKIERI- UGC Higher Education Leadership Development Programme
- 27 Feb 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has launched ‘Higher Education Leadership Development Programme for Administrators’ in New Delhi.
- The programme is a joint initiative of University Grants Commission (UGC) and the British Council under the auspices of UK India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI).
- Objective: To train the senior and middle level academic administrators to enable them to bring about systemic changes with renewed approaches, capacity, tools and skill in Universities in India.
- The programme is a step towards institutional development in line with Governments’ commitment to improve the quality of education being imparted in Universities.
UK-India Education and Research Initiative
- UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) was started in April, 2006 with the aim of enhancing educational linkages between India and the UK.
- UKIERI has been recognized as a key multi stakeholder programme that has strengthened the research, leadership, education and now skill sector relations between the two countries.
- UKIERI Phase 3 (2016-2021) aims to promote institutional and individual excellence in educational practices, research, and employability.
University Grants Commission
- It came into existence on 28th December, 1953 and became a statutory body by an Act of Parliament in 1956, for the coordination, determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examination and research in university education.
- The head office of the UGC is located in New Delhi.