- 04 Feb 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News?
The Ministry of Labour and Employment has launched ‘Santusht portal’ to monitor the implementation of labour laws at the grassroots level.
- The objective of ‘Santusht’ is to promote transparency, accountability, effective delivery of public services and implementation of policies, schemes of Ministry of Labour and Employment at the grassroots level through constant monitoring.
- Entering 2020, the government aims to implement all four codes on wages, industrial relations, social security and occupational safety, health and working conditions. These are expected to improve ease of doing business and safeguard the interest of workers.
- For public grievances, Centralized Public Grievance Redressal and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) portal is already functional.
Centralized Public Grievance Redressal and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS)
- It is an online web-enabled system developed by National Informatics Centre (Ministry of Electronics & IT [MeitY]), in association with Directorate of Public Grievances (DPG) and Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) under the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
- It aims to receive, redress and monitor the grievances of the public.
- It provides the facility to lodge a grievance online from any location.
- It enables the citizen to track online the grievance being followed up with Departments concerned and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.