Project Monitoring Group
- 29 Feb 2020
- 2 min read
- The Project Monitoring Group (PMG) is an institutional mechanism for the expedited resolution of issues and regulatory bottlenecks in projects with investments upward Rs. 500 Crores in India.
- Currently, PMG is situated at Invest India, Department of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce.
- It was set up as a special cell in the Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India in 2013 and was subsequently brought under the administrative control of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in 2015.
- The relocation was enabled in order to create a one-stop facilitation destination for investors at all stages of the investment process, including issue resolution.
- The PMG seeks to enlist the unresolved project issues in respect of all mid and large-sized Public, Private and ‘Public-Private Partnership’ (PPP) Projects.
- DPIIT is mandated as the nodal body for the review of public and private projects facing challenges and facilitates their resolution through PMG.
- The issues taken up by PMG are both at Union and State-Level.
- Invest India is the official Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency of India and acts as the first point of reference for investors in India.
- It is set up as a non-profit venture under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industries.