- 19 Apr 2022
- 3 min read
Why in News?
Recently, the National Security Council Secretariat organised the National Cyber Security Incident Response Exercise (NCX India) .
- NCX India will be conducted as a hybrid exercise over a period of ten days from 18th to 29th April 2022.
- It is launched with the aim to train senior management and technical personnel of Government/Critical Sector organisations and agencies on contemporary cyber threats and handling cyber incidents and response.
What is the National Security Council?
- NSC of India is a three-tiered organisation that oversees political, economic, energy and security issues of strategic concern.
- The National Security Advisor (NSA) presides over the NSC and is also the primary advisor to the Prime Minister. The current National Security Advisor is Ajit Doval.
- It was formed in 1998, where all aspects of national security are deliberated upon.
What is NCX India?
- Platform: The platform for training is being provided by CyberExer Technologies, an Estonian cybersecurity company accredited for globally conducting several large cyber exercises.
- Need: Digital Revolution taking place in the country and the launch of a large number of digital services by the Government.
- In this context, Cyber Security remains the foundation of any successful Digital Transformation.
- Any threats in cyberspace directly impact our social, economic and National Security and thus, there is a need to safeguard our Cyberspace.
- Training Module: The participants will be trained on various key cyber security areas such as Intrusion Detection Techniques, Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP), Vulnerability Handling & Penetration Testing, Network Protocols & Data Flows, Digital Forensics, etc.
- Envisaged Goal: NCX India will help strategic leaders to better understand cyber threats, assess readiness, and develop skills for cyber crisis management and cooperation.
- This will also help develop and test cybersecurity skills, teamwork, planning, communication, critical thinking, and decision-making.
What are Present Government Initiatives for Cyber Security?