New Facility to Tackle Cyber Crimes
- 11 Jan 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C) was recently inaugurated by the government. National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal has also been launched pan India.
Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre
- The scheme to set up I4C was approved in October 2018, to deal with all types of cybercrimes in a comprehensive and coordinated manner.
- It has seven components:
- National Cyber Crime Threat Analytics Unit
- National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- National Cyber Crime Training Centre
- Cyber Crime Ecosystem Management Unit
- National Cyber Crime Research and Innovation Centre
- National Cyber Crime Forensic Laboratory Ecosystem
- Platform for Joint Cyber Crime Investigation Team.
- 15 States and Union Territories have given their consent to set up Regional Cyber Crime Coordination Centres.
- This state-of-the-art Centre is located in New Delhi.
National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal
- It is a citizen-centric initiative which will enable citizens to report cybercrimes online and all the complaints will be accessed by the concerned law enforcement agencies for taking action as per law.
- The portal specifically focuses on crimes against women, children, particularly child pornography, child sex abuse material, online content pertaining to rapes/gang rapes, etc.
- It also focuses on crimes like financial crime and social media related crimes like stalking, cyberbullying, etc.
- The portal was launched on a pilot basis on 30th August 2019.
- It will improve the capacity of law enforcement agencies to investigate the cases after successful completion by improving coordination amongst the law enforcement agencies of different States, districts and police stations.