National Creche Scheme
- 12 Jul 2019
- 1 min read
The National Crèche Scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme being implemented with effect from 1st January, 2017.
- It aims at providing a safe place for mothers to leave their children while they are at work, and thus, is a measure for empowering women as it enables them to take up employment.
- It is also an intervention towards protection and development of children in the age group of 6 months to 6 years.
- The scheme provides for day care facilities to the children of working mothers.
- It also provides supplementary nutrition, health care inputs like immunization, polio drops, basic health monitoring, sleeping facilities, early stimulation (for children below 3 years), pre-school education for children aged between 3-6 yrs.