Media Registrations for Aero India 2021
- 03 Nov 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the online media registration for the 13th edition of Aero India has been started, which will be held at Air Force Station, Bengaluru (Karnataka) in February 2021.
- Aero India is a biennial international military and civil airshow.
- It is a premier event that draws international and Indian military and civil aircraft makers, their support industries, military brass and government dignitaries and business visitors.
- It provides a unique opportunity for the exchange of information, ideas and new developments in the aviation industry, in addition to giving a fillip to the domestic aviation industry furthering the cause of Make in India.
- The Yelahanka air base, about 30 km from the city centre Bengaluru, has been hosting the air show in February since it was started in 1996.
- In 2019, it was organised by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd. (HAL) and in 2021, it will be organised by the Defence Exhibition Organisation, Ministry of Defence.
- DEO is an autonomous organisation of the Indian Government established in 1981, to promote the export potential of the Indian defence industry.
- It is responsible for organising international exhibitions such as DefExpo and Indian participation at overseas exhibitions.