MANODARPAN: Mental Health Initiative
- 22 Jul 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) has launched the 'Manodarpan' initiative under Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- It is aimed to provide psychosocial support to students, family members and teachers for their mental health and well-being during the times of Covid-19.
- Description: The platform includes a national toll free helpline for students of schools, universities and colleges, which will be manned by a pool of experienced counsellors, psychologists and mental health professionals.
- It also has a website, a national database of counsellors which will host an interactive online chat platform, advisories and tips through webinars and other resources.
- Significance: It would act as an element of strengthening human capital and increasing productivity for the education sector in the wake of covid-19.
- Covid 19 lockdown had led to forced close down of schools and colleges.
- Therefore, it would help children as well as their parents in facing tense situations and its effects on academics.