Important Facts For Prelims
Switch To Hindi
Kan Sikul, Kan Huan
- 30 Jul 2019
- 1 min read
Mizoram’s Lawngtlai district administration’s project Kan Sikul, Kan Huan (My School, My Farm) has been made the model for all schools and colleges in Mizoram.
- Kan Sikul, Kan Huan aims to curb the problem of shortage of fruits and vegetables in the region by setting up the kitchen/ nutrition gardens in every school.
- The project seeks to make Lawngtlai self-sufficient in the local variety of fruits and vegetables and fight malnutrition among children (by March 2020) by letting every school, Anganwadi, child care institutions and hostel in Lawngtlai to grow their own fruits and vegetables with the help of teachers, parents and community members.
- Project is in consonance with the objectives of central governments Poshan abhiyan.
- Lawngtlai, is Mizoram’s most backward and disaster-prone district with 35.3% stunted, 21.3% underweight and 5.9% severely wasted (low weight-for-height) children under 5 (highest on all counts in Mizoram).
- Kitchen /nutrition gardens have yielded in improving the nutritional content of the midday meal served in the schools.