Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana
- 17 Oct 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Ministry of Culture has issued guidelines for holding cultural events/activities in virtual/online mode under various scheme components of Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana (KSVY).
- The Covid-19 pandemic and the resultant lockdowns have had a substantial impact on the performing arts and cultural sector with in-person exhibitions, events, and performances either cancelled or postponed. Example: Behrupiyas.
- The guidelines will enable artists to avail benefits under KSVY even if they are not able to stage programs in the physical format as before and will ensure continued financial assistance.
- Kala Sanskriti Vikas Yojana (KSVY) is an umbrella scheme under the Ministry of Culture for the promotion of art and culture in the country.
- It is a central sector scheme.
- The ministry implements many schemes under KSVY, where the grants are sanctioned/approved for holding programs/activities.
- Scheme of Financial Assistance for Promotion of Art and Culture.
- Scheme of Financial Assistance for Creation of Cultural Infrastructure.
- Scheme for Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage, which aims to promote the 13 intangible cultural heritage of India, recognised by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).