Jeevan Kaushal Programme
- 12 Sep 2019
- 2 min read
Recently, the Government has launched the Curriculum for Life Skills (Jeevan Kaushal) programme designed by the University Grants Commission (UGC).
- Jeevan Kaushal is aimed at:
- Inculcation of an Emotional Intelligence.
- Development of Intellectual Competencies.
- Development of verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- The program has been framed for Undergraduate courses across the country.
- The Designed program is for 8 credit points and can be accommodated in any semester of the course.
- The program will comprise of four courses:
- Communication skills,
- Professional and Leadership skills,
- Problem-solving and Decision-making,
- Universal human values.
Indian Institute of Skills, Mumbai
- Also, to make India the Skill Capital of the World, the Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has laid the foundation stone of the Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) at Mumbai.
- It will provide skill training to students who want to pursue technical education after completing Class X and Class XII, making them employable and industry-ready.
- The Tata Education Development Trust (TEDT) is the private partner for setting up IIS in Mumbai.
Indian Institute of Skills (IIS)
- Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) are in line with Institutes of Eminence (IoEs) including IITs and IIMs.
- IIS aims to enrol 5,000 students per year with campus placement of 70% trainees.
- The Union Cabinet has given its nod to set up Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) in three locations of the country :
- These institutes will be constructed & operated on a PPP (Public-Private Partnership) model and on a not-for-profit basis.
- It will facilitate learnings and training through strong industry connect in both the public and private sectors.
- It will help promote programs like Make in India, Skill India as well as to cater to the demand of Industry 4.0.