- 28 Aug 2019
- 2 min read
Recently, the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers has launched a mobile application called “Janaushadhi Sugam”, which will help people locate nearby Janaushadhikendras.
- Janaushadhi Sugam” mobile application would help people to:
- Locate nearby Janaushadhi Kendra (through Google Map).
- Search Janaushadhi generic medicines.
- Analyse product comparison of Generic vs Branded medicine in form of MRP & overall savings, etc.
- The app will augment the government vision to provide affordable healthcare to all Indians through the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) Kendras across the country and this had already led to substantial savings to poor on medicines.
- The Minister also announced that “Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkin” will now be available at only One Rupee per pad.
- Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodegradable Sanitary Napkin
- In a huge push for women hygiene, the government slashed the price of sanitary napkins sold from its Jan Aushadhi Kendras to Rs 1 per piece from Rs 2.50 earlier.
- According to the Ministry of State Chemicals & Fertilizers, about 28 million girls are reported to be leaving education because of lack of availability of good quality Sanitary Napkin” pads at a reasonable cost.
- This will ensure ‘Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha’ for the underprivileged women of the country
- These napkins biodegrade automatically when it comes in contact with oxygen after being discarded.
- These steps will help in fulfilling of vision of Affordable and Quality Healthcare for all and dream of Clean India & Green India.