Impactful Policy Research in Social Science (IMPRESS)
- 26 Oct 2018
- 2 min read
The Ministry for Human Resource Development has launched the web portal of the Scheme “Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences (IMPRESS)”.
- Under the Scheme, 1500 research projects will be awarded for 2 years to support the social science research in the higher educational institutions and to enable research to guide
- IMPRESS scheme will be used to understand and solve problems facing
the society .Thescheme will be implemented at a total cost of Rs 414 crore till March,2021.
- Indian Council of Social Science and Research (ICSSR) will be the project implementing agency.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To identify and fund research proposals in social sciences with maximum impact on the governance and society.
- To focus research on broad thematic areas such as :
- State and Democracy
- Urban transformation
- Media, Culture and Society
- Employment, Skills and Rural transformation
- Governance, Innovation and Public Policy
- Growth, Macro-trade
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Health and Environment
- Science and Education
- Social Media and Technology
- Politics, Law and Economics.
- To ensure selection of projects through a transparent, competitive process on online mode.
- To provide
opportunityfor social science researchers in any institution in the country, including all Universities (Central and State), private institutions.
- ICSSR funded/
recognisedresearch institutes will also be eligible to submit research proposals on the given themes and sub-themes.