- Gonds are one of the largest tribal groups in the world.
- They are mostly live in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal and Odisha.
- Gonds are subdivided into four tribes:
- Raj Gonds
- Madia Gonds
- Dhurve Gonds
- Khatulwar Gonds
- Their staple food is two kinds of millet: kodo and kutki.
- Rice is mostly consumed during festival feasts.
- Gonds believe that earth, water and air are ruled by Gods.
- They majorly speak Gondi which is an unwritten language of the Dravidian family.
- It has been notified as a Scheduled Tribe.