- The Baiga (means sorcerers) is one of the Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs).
- They mainly live in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar, Odisha, West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- Traditionally, the Baiga lived a semi-nomadic life and practised slash and burn cultivation. Now, they are mainly dependent on minor forest produce for their livelihood.
- Bamboo is the primary resource.
- Tattooing is an integral part of Baiga culture, every age and body part has a specific tattoo reserved for the occasion.