General Assembly of the Association of World Election Bodies
- 02 Sep 2019
- 1 min read
The Election Commission of India is scheduled to host the 4th General Assembly of the Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB) at Bengaluru on 3rd September 2019.
- India will take over as A-WEB’s Chair for the 2019-21 term.
- ECI has been its Executive Board Member since AWEB's inception for two consecutive terms (2013-15 and 2015-17).
- During A-WEB General Assembly, 2017 ECI was unanimously elected as Vice-Chair of A-WEB 2017-19.
Association of World Election Bodies (A-WEB)
- The Association of World Election Bodies(A-WEB) is the largest association of Election Management Bodies (EMBs) worldwide.
- It was established on October 14, 2013 in South Korea.
- The permanent secretariat of A-WEB is located in Seoul, South Korea.
- It was founded with the shared vision among its members of achieving sustainable democracy around the world
- A-WEB also undertakes Election Visitor and Observation Programmes in various countries to study various election management practices and share knowledge with other Member of EMBs.