Ganga Connect Exhibition: UK
- 29 Nov 2021
- 6 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Ganga Connect exhibition concluded in London on 25th November 2021.
- It was inaugurated in Glasgow, Scotland after the successful culmination of COP-26 (Conference of parties) on 12th November 2021.
- 10 key strategic initiatives were announced during the exhibition
- It is a global exhibition that will showcase multiple facets of the river basin and connect with interested parties.
- It has been a major effort of the National Mission for Clean Ganga, the High Commission of India and C-Ganga (Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies) to engage with the international community of scientists, technology companies, policy makers, industry, investors and finance professionals.
- To showcase the level of development in the Ganga River basin to a global community of environmental stakeholders..
- Creating Awareness:
- It is significant from the point of view of preserving and protecting Ganga and its ecosystem and creating widespread awareness about the river basin.
- It demonstrates the deep spiritual and philosophical connect that Indians have with the river.
- Understanding Ecosystem:
- The Ganga Connect exhibition offers a clear and deep understanding of the size, magnitude and complexity of the Ganga riverine ecosystem.
- Enables Engagement:
- It enables engagement with interested parties and the diaspora who want to get involved in the rejuvenation, restoration and conservation of the river system.
- Development of Environmental Solution:
- It emphasizes on river Ganga as a major lab for global technology and the scientific community to develop cutting-edge environmental solutions.
- Creating Awareness:
|Key Initiatives Announced
|Ganga Connect UK Community Engagement Chapters
|Twinning of Rivers
|Scotland – India Water Partnership
|Impact Project using Arth Ganga Framework
|Ganga Finance and Investments Forum
|Environment Technology Verification (ETV) programme
|Tech & Innovation Financing
|UK-India Scientific Collaboration
|Collaboration bridge between India and the UK
|Global Youth for Ganga
|Clean Ganga Charity