Corona Studies Series: NBT
- 30 Mar 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
The National Book Trust (NBT) is going to launch a publishing series titled ‘Corona Studies Series’.
- The Corona Studies Series is being launched to prepare and engage readers with the various aspects of the Corona.
- It will bring out affordable books in various Indian languages in the identified subject areas such as Psycho-Social Impact of Corona Pandemic.
- The series will document and provide relevant reading materials for all age-groups for the post-Corona readership needs.
- Books focused on art, literature, folklore, economic and sociological aspects, science/health awareness emerging out of the Corona pandemic, and the lockdown, are also being prepared.
- #StayHomeIndiaWithBooks initiative was also started by the NBT.
- The pdfs of some of the select and bestselling books have been provided for free download. This is to encourage people to stay in/home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
National Book Trust
- NBT, India is an apex body established by the Government of India (Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development) in the year 1957.
- The objectives of the NBT are
- to produce and encourage the production of good literature in English, Hindi and other Indian languages.
- to make such literature available at moderate prices to the public.
- to bring out book catalogues, arrange book fairs/exhibitions and seminars and take all necessary steps to make the people book minded.