Conference on Capacity Building Reforms and iGOT
- 05 Feb 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) had organised a conference to explore the training requirements of Government officers at various levels of hierarchy.
- DoPT is the nodal department for the training of Government functionaries and is primarily responsible for formulating policies with regard to capacity building and strengthening the Human resources within the government.
- During the conference, it has been decided to widen the scope and coverage of the initiative of Integrated Government Online Training (iGOT) programme which was launched in December 2018.
- iGOT aims to augment the existing training mechanism with online module-based training.
- It also aims to make training inputs available to Government officers on-sight and on-flexi-time basis.
- A consultation paper on ‘Approach to Strategy and Implementation of iGOT 2.0’ was also released.
- iGOT 2.0 will play a major role in achieving a comprehensive and systematic capacity building initiative for the civil servants in the light of the current challenges like lack of political will, lack of communication and coherence, implementation issues, etc.
- The conference also intended to familiarize the Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) and Central Training Institutes (CTIs) with the new digital capacity-building framework to deliver online content.