Important Facts For Prelims
CHAMPIONS Portal for MSME
- 13 May 2020
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched CHAMPIONS portal.
- The CHAMPIONS stands here for Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength.
- It is a technology driven Control Room-Cum-Management Information System which utilises modern information and communication technology (ICT) tools.
- In addition to ICT tools including telephone, internet and video conference, the system is enabled by Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
- It is also fully integrated on a real time basis with the Government of India’s main grievances portal Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) and the Ministry’s other web based mechanisms.
- The entire ICT architecture is created in house with the help of the National Informatics Centre.
- A network of control rooms is created in the Hub & Spoke Model.
- The Hub is situated in New Delhi in the Secretary MSME’s office.
- The spokes will be in the States in various offices and institutions of the Ministry.
- Aim: To assist Indian MSMEs march into the big league as National and Global CHAMPIONS by solving their grievances and encouraging, supporting, helping and hand holding them.
- Three basic objectives:
- Support: To help the MSMEs in this difficult situation in terms of finance, raw materials, labour, permissions, etc.
- Explore: To help them capture new opportunities like manufacturing of medical accessories and products like Personal Protection Equipments (PPEs), masks, etc.
- Promote: To identify the sparks, i.e., the bright MSMEs who can not only withstand but can also become national and international champions.