AYUSH Grid and NAMASTE Portal
- 07 Mar 2020
- 1 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Minister of State for AYUSH has informed about the development of the AYUSH Grid and NAMASTE Portal.
- AYUSH Grid, initiated by the Ministry of AYUSH, aims to bring onboard all AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) facilities including hospitals and laboratories and to promote traditional systems of healthcare.
- The Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology have already inked a pact to collaborate with each other for the digitisation of the AYUSH sector.
- National AYUSH Morbidity and Standardized Terminologies Electronic Portal (NAMASTE Portal) was launched on 17th October, 2017 (2nd Ayurveda day).
- The National Ayurveda Day is celebrated every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti (Dhanteras).
- The portal provides standardized terminologies & morbidity codes for Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani systems of medicines.
- Morbidity codes provide a comprehensive classification of diseases described in the traditional medicines system.