AI Powered Grievance Management Application
- 17 Jul 2021
- 2 min read
Why in News
Recently, the Defence Minister launched an Artificial Intelligence (AI)- powered grievance management application.
- Earlier, the Chief Justice of India (CJI) launched an AI-based portal ‘SUPACE’ in the judicial system aimed at assisting judges with legal research.
- This project is the first of its kind initiative of the Government for using AI, data science and Machine Learning techniques in grievance redressal. It is a citizen centric reform.
- It has been developed by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with the help of IIT-Kanpur.
- It will automatically handle and analyse the complaints of the people and thus reduce human intervention, save time and bring more transparency in their disposal.
- This application will have great use in understanding the nature of complaints, geographies from where they registered and policy changes which can be introduced to create systemic improvements to address these grievances.
- It marks the introduction of AI-based innovations in governance and administration. The success of this project in MoD will pave the way for extension of this application across other Ministries.
- A large number of complaints are received on the CPGRAMS (Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring System) portal of DARPG (Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances).
- CPGRAMS enables the citizen to track online the grievance being followed up with the Department concerned and also enables DARPG to monitor the grievance.