Why in News?
- On June 29, 2022, the 'Election' mobile app (Android Based) has been updated for the convenience of voters and candidates for the general election year-2022 of Madhya Pradesh urban bodies and three-tier panchayats.
- Election related information can be obtained through this app.
- State Election Commission Secretary Rakesh Singh informed that in the 'Election' app, the information of voters, candidates for the post of mayor, councilor, district panchayat member and district panchayat member is available as per the summary of the affidavit.
- In this app the election results of Mayor, Councilor, Zilla Panchayat member and Janpad Panchayat member will also be available.
Why in News?
- According to the recently released National Family Health Survey-4 (2015) and National Family Health Survey-5 (2020-21) comparative data, the number of expectant mothers who have been examined and taken care of in health institutions during pregnancy in Madhya Pradesh is Significant growth has been registered in 5 years.
- The National Family Health Survey-5 report states that 75 percent of pregnant women are women who were examined and taken care of at a health institution in the first trimester of pregnancy. In the National Family Health Survey-4 of 2015, the number of such women was 53 percent.
- The Survey-5 report also states that more than half (58 percent) of expectant mothers had access to check-up and care in health institutions 4 or more times before delivery. The number of urban women doing so was higher than that of rural women.
- In Madhya Pradesh, 91 percent of the deliveries took place with health facilities. The increase in births with health facilities has increased from 81 percent to 91 percent in Health Survey-5 as compared to National Family Health Survey-4.
- It is worth mentioning that in May 2022 , the report of the National Family Health Survey-5 was released.
- The National Family Health Survey (NFHS) is a multi-level survey conducted on a large scale, which is carried out as a representative sample of households across India.
Switch to Hindi