Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, Autonomous Governance and Urban Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal inaugurated Beti Gaurav Park, developed by Kota City Development Trust at a cost of Rs 4.50 crore.
- City Development Trust Secretary Mansingh Meena said that trees of different species have been planted in it. Open gym, jogging track and swings have also been installed in the park for the entertainment of children.
- Autonomous Government and Urban Development Minister Shanti Dhariwal also inaugurated Devnarayan Nagar Integrated Livestock Housing Scheme located in Ranpur of Kota district. Also inaugurated the newly constructed biogas plant and Devnarayan Rotary Public School in Devnarayan Residential Scheme.
- He said that under this scheme, biogas plants have been developed for animal farmers. To ensure that the cattle herders here do not face any kind of problem, a school has been constructed here for classes 1 to 5, so that the children can get education in this campus itself.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, Chief Electoral Officer of Madhya Pradesh Anupam Rajan said that on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons on October 1, as per the instructions of the Election Commission of India, voters of the state aged 80 years and above will be honored.
- Chief Electoral Officer Anupam Rajan said that the District Election Officer, Electoral Registration Officer and Booth Level Officer in the districts will honor the voters above 80 years of age in their respective areas at their place of residence.
- He said that there are 6 lakh 52 thousand 746 voters above 80 years of age in all 52 districts of the state. There are 2 lakh 61 thousand 58 male voters and 3 lakh 91 thousand 680 female voters.
- Rewa district of the state has the maximum number of 35 thousand 52 voters above 80 years of age. After this, there are 31 thousand 512 voters of this age group in Indore district. Sheopur district of the state has the least number of voters above 80 years of age, 2 thousand 504.
- Chief Electoral Officer Rajan said that there are a total of 5,253 voters aged 100 years or more in 52 districts of the state. Of these, 1 thousand 492 are male voters and 3 thousand 761 are female voters.
- There are 318 voters above 100 years of age in Sehore district of the state. Ujjain district is in second place, with 316 voters of this age group. Sheopur district has the least number of 13 voters in this age group.
- He said that on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons, the felicitation ceremony will be organized in those villages where voters above 80 years of age reside. The program will be held in the Gram Panchayat building or school building.
- Only those voters will be invited to the program who are healthy and physically capable of being present at the venue. Senior voters who are unable to attend the program will be honored at their homes.
- The honor committee of senior voters will include BLO, village Patwari, local teacher, Panchayat Secretary, Anganwadi worker, health worker and employment secretary.
- If there is more than one polling station at the Panchayat headquarters level, where voters above 80 years of age live, then the program will be organized at only one place.
- It is noteworthy that last year on the International Day of Older Persons, an innovative innovation was done by the Chief Electoral Officer to honor the centenarian voters in the state. Election Commission of India's Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar and Election Commissioner Anupchandra Pandey participated online in the program and appreciated the program organized in the state. Last year, 4168 centenarian voters were honored during the program.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, V. Vidyapati, Secretary, Central Tourism Department, presented the Best Tourist Village Award to ‘Mccluskieganj’ of Jharkhand.
- Asley John Gomes, a resident of Mccluskieganj, representing the Anglo-Indian Society, received the award.
- A massive cleanliness drive has been planned by the Ministry of Tourism. Government of India identifies 108 tourist spots for launch of cleanliness drive. The campaign will be carried out at these 108 sites as well as other places of tourist importance.
- The campaign aims to ensure garbage cleaning, hygiene and ban single-use plastic (SUP) and promote the use of eco-friendly substances. For wider reach, students from schools and colleges and members of Youth Tourism Clubs (YTC) have also been included.
- The Best Rural Tourism Village Awards were given for promotion and conservation of cultural heritage and sustainable development through tourism, in which 35 rural tourism villages from across the country were included in gold, silver and bronze categories with 5, 10 and 20 villages respectively.
Kotra and Hathbandh PHC and Kausra Health and Wellness Centre Received National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate for Quality Health Services.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has awarded the National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate to Kotra Primary Health Center in Kanker district, Hatband Primary Health Center in Balodabazar-Bhatapara district and Kaunsara Health and Wellness Center in Mahasamund district for quality health services.
- The team of the Union Health Ministry had evaluated the services of these hospitals in the months of last August and September. He had also taken feedback from patients in this regard.
- In the evaluation by the team of Union Health Ministry under the National Quality Assurance Standards Programme, Kotra Primary Health Center has got 91 percent marks, Kausra Health and Wellness Center has got 83 percent marks and Hatband Primary Health Center has got 78 percent marks.
- Before awarding the National Quality Assurance Standard Certificate, the hospital's services and satisfaction levels are tested on various parameters by a team of experts from the Government of India.
- These include parameters such as services available, patients' rights, inputs, support services, clinical services, infection control, quality management and outcomes. Only those hospitals that meet these stringent standards are issued quality certificates by the Union Health Ministry.
Why In News?
On September 27, 2023, on the initiative of Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel, Food Minister Amarjeet Bhagat inaugurated the first Food Park in the district in Ulkiya village of Sitapur Development Block of Surguja (Ambikapur) district.
- Administrative approval of Rs 6 crore 27 lakh was given by the State Government for the establishment of the new Food Park.
- The Food Minister said that today a Food Park has been established in Ulkiya village of Sitapur. The food processing industry in the Food Park will facilitate processing of agricultural products. Also, local people will get new employment opportunities.
- He said that any food park requires electricity, water and transportation facilities. Arrangements are being made keeping in mind all these basic requirements.
- District Collector Kundan Kumar said that for this project, the ownership of 8.920 hectare area has been transferred from District Trade and Industry Center Surguja to CSIDC.
- About 60 plots of 3000, 5000, 7500, 10000 square feet area have been provided for the establishment of micro and small industries in the proposed new food park, which will generate revenue to the government through various taxes. With the establishment of this new food park, the local people will get new employment opportunities.
Why In News?
Manu Bhaker of Jhajjar district of Haryana has won the gold medal in the 25m rapid pistol at the 19th Asian Games being held in Hangzhou, China on September 27, 2023.
- In the 25m rapid pistol event, China won the silver medal, while Korea won the bronze medal.
- The team included Manu Bhaker, Isha Singh and Rhythm Singh Sangwan. After the preseason and rapid rounds, these shooters scored a score of 1759.
- Manu topped the qualification round with a score of 590. Isha finished fifth with a score of 586. Rhythm finished seventh with 583. Manu Bhaker and Isha Singh will compete in the individual finals.
- Manu Bhaker is a second-year MA student in Public Administration at DAV College, Sector 10, Chandigarh.
Why In News?
According to information received from the media recently, a seven-member team of SSB led by Field Officer Subodh Chandola (53), a resident of Bhawali town of Nainital district of Uttarakhand, conquered the Mount Rudragaira mountain range located at an altitude of 5819 meters south of Gangotri in the Garhwal region of central Himalayas.
- Subodh Chandola, a recipient of the Indian Police Medal and Home Minister's Medal, has earlier hoisted the tricolor on various mountains including Everest, Comet, Satopanth, Abhigamin, Gangotri Forest, Bhagirathi Two, Trishul.
- As part of the expedition, more than 20 trainees from the 29-member expedition stayed at the base camp at Rudragaira, from where eight mountaineers marched further and hoisted the flag on the Rudragaira mountain peak.
- In this expedition team, along with Subodh Chandola, chief constables Kailash Chandra Joshi, Arakshi Narendra Singh, Dildar Singh, Pradeep Singh, Prabal Pratap Singh, Arvind Kumar Ghaghre, Indra Singh were included.
Switch to Hindi