Why in News?
- On May 27, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Satish Mahana released the special issue of Uttar Pradesh Media Directory, 2022. This media directory has been published on behalf of the National Media Club.
- This is the first time that such a directory has been published. Though it was published earlier, this time the numbers of MPs, MLAs and ministers from all over the country, including the Prime Minister's Office to Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, have been included in it.
- Apart from this, the contact numbers of policemen, including district level officers and journalists of Uttar Pradesh, have been written in it.
- Ramesh Awasthi, founder of the National Media Club, said the directory has contact numbers of everyone in the Union Cabinet, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet, MLAs, members of the Legislative Council, government officials posted at the state headquarters and journalists.
- It also contains the numbers of police stations of every district of the state, so that you can talk directly to the concerned officer of police station on any incident.
- It is worth mentioning that in the past years, the information diary that the Information Department used to publish, did not have information available up to the district level. This directory will be very useful.
Why in News?
- Recently, a power company of Bihar has planned to set up floating solar power plants at two places in Bihar, Phulwaria and Durgavati.
- According to information, the proposed plant of 20 MW capacity at Phulwaria and 30 MW at Durgavati is near Phulwaria Dam, Rajauli in Nawada. Its distance from Nawada is about 30 km. A 20 MW floating solar power plant is planned to be installed in this dam.
- A 30 MW floating solar power plant will be installed at Durgavati Dam in Kaimur district. The height of this dam is 46.3 meters and the length is about 1615.4 meters.
- It is worth mentioning that recently Bihar's first floating solar power plant was inaugurated in Darbhanga. Its capacity is 2 MW. It has been prepared under the supervision of Bihar Renewable Energy Development Agency (BREDA).
- Recently, the power company has entered into an agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India for purchase of 210 MW of energy. By the end of next year, this energy will be available. This will reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 630 million tonnes.
- Similarly, the power company has entered into an agreement with The Sutlej Hydro Power Corporation for purchase of 200 MW of power. It will be available at the end of next year. Under this, 175 MW capacity solar power generation units will be set up at Jamui and 25 MW at Banka.
Why in News?
- On May 27, 2022, the Rajasthan government has issued a financial sanction of Rs 2.5 crore for development work and maintenance of historical sites in Gadmora, the hometown of Raja Mordhwaj in Karauli district of the state.
- For this purpose, the Government has made the Department of Archaeology the executive agency.
- It may be mentioned that the Tourism Development Committee of Garhmora has been continuously striving to preserve the look of this historic site for the last two decades.
- The restoration of the fort and the palace will revive the glorious history of the city of King Mordhwaj, as well as save the historical heritage from being razed and tourism will be promoted in the area.
Why in News?
- Recently, Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the 'AAS' auto appeal software system in the state. There are 192 services of various departments onboard under Auto Appeal Software.
- Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal, while reviewing through video conferencing on the 'AAS' launched under the Right to Service Act, said Haryana is the first state in the country to have launched such a unique system.
- The decision has been taken to make the citizens aware of the time period of services provided under the Right to Service Act.
- The Chief Secretary said that the software has been introduced to revolutionize the government system by ensuring transparency and accountability in service delivery so that the functions of the citizens are within a stipulated time-frame.
- He directed all the administrative secretaries to onboard the services of their departments under the appeal software within a week.
Why in News?
- On May 27, 2022, Haryana Education Minister Kanwar Pal inaugurated the National Level Digital Learning e-Let's Education Innovation Summit in Panchkula district of the state.
- In a bid to take forward Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Digital India platform, Haryana Education Minister Kanwar Pal inaugurated the summit and also discussed aspects of the importance of Information Technology in post-Covid teaching and learning.
- The Education Minister said that IT tool kits are being distributed to school children and strict steps are being taken in this direction that the children of the state do not become weaker in any sense.
- He informed that the booklet of digital learning released at the workshop is a useful document, which gives information about the education changes taking place all over the world.
- Haryana has taken the initiative to implement the New Education Policy, 2020, first in the country and somewhere this summit is also a part of it.
- The Education Minister also observed the e-Expo on Digital Learning Solution, Digital Classroom Solution, Digital Board Solution, Digital Language Lab Solution, Security and Surveillance Solution, SchoolNight, Learning for Light.
- Earlier also, on the initiative of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar, the education department had implemented the online teacher transfer policy, which was a revolutionary step in the education department in the era of IT .
- The 'AWSAR' app has been launched by the department. Assessment and e-report card of the students can also be obtained through this. This 'AWSAR' app was created during Covid, which has proved to be very effective.
- In the workshop, the Education Minister also felicitated West Bengal as Karma Bhoomi and The Academic Cell of Haryana Education Department and Ashish Dham for their excellent performance in e-lets.
Why in News?
- Chhattisgarh has been awarded the Elates Innovation Award for Digital Governance at the Self-Reliant India Summit on May 27, 2022.
- The award has been given to the Social Welfare Department at a function held in New Delhi for computerizing 'NGO registration and making the process of recognition and grant online'.
- Elates Techno India CEO Dr. Ravi Gupta gave the award to P. Dayanand, Director, Social Welfare Department of The State of Chhattisgarh.
- Director of the Social Welfare Department P. Dayanand said that the social welfare department made every effort to help the needy. In the Corona period, by making the process of NGO recognition and grants online in Chhattisgarh, help could be easily reached to the needy people.
- Manual process of application for NGO recognition and grant has been made completely online by the department, transforming it to digital.
- The department has maintained all the necessary data in an optimized manner with attachments, which can be viewed by the stakeholders- NGOs, DDOs, Collectors, Directorates, Secretariats and Ministers.
Why in News?
- On May 27, 2022, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami informed that a five-member expert committee has been constituted for implementation of the Uniform Civil Code in the state.
- Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami said that the Expert Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Ranjana Prakash Desai a retired judge from Supreme Court.
- The committee also includes retired Delhi High Court judge Pramod Kohli, former state chief secretary Shatrughan Singh, social activist Manu Gaur and Doon University Vice-Chancellor Surekha Dangwal as members.
- The notification of the state government on the constitution of the committee said that the committee is being constituted to examine all relevant laws governing the individual civil matters of all citizens residing in the state of Uttarakhand and to report on it with an amendment in the draft law or the existing law.
- In addition, an Expert Committee is being constituted with the approval of the Governor for examination and implementation of the Uniform Civil Code and the applicable laws relating to marriage, divorce, right to property, inheritance, adoption and maintenance and protection etc.
Switch to Hindi