Why in News?
- On May 27, 2022, Uttar Pradesh Assembly Speaker Satish Mahana released the special issue of Uttar Pradesh Media Directory, 2022. This media directory has been published on behalf of the National Media Club.
- This is the first time that such a directory has been published. Though it was published earlier, this time the numbers of MPs, MLAs and ministers from all over the country, including the Prime Minister's Office to Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, have been included in it.
- Apart from this, the contact numbers of policemen, including district level officers and journalists of Uttar Pradesh, have been written in it.
- Ramesh Awasthi, founder of the National Media Club, said the directory has contact numbers of everyone in the Union Cabinet, the Uttar Pradesh Cabinet, MLAs, members of the Legislative Council, government officials posted at the state headquarters and journalists.
- It also contains the numbers of police stations of every district of the state, so that you can talk directly to the concerned officer of police station on any incident.
- It is worth mentioning that in the past years, the information diary that the Information Department used to publish, did not have information available up to the district level. This directory will be very useful.
Switch to Hindi