Why In News?
- On June 25, 2022, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announced that about 2.5 crore people living in villages of Uttar Pradesh will be granted Gharauni certificates by October 2023.
- The Chief Minister made the announcement while addressing a function to distribute Gharauni certificates to 11 lakh villagers.
- The Chief Minister said that 34 lakh people have already benefited from this scheme.
- He also informed that the survey of land by drones in 1,10,300 revenue villages of the state will be completed by August this year to expedite the distribution of certificates to beneficiaries.
- The Gharauni certificate enables the villagers to get loans easily and also facilitates them to set up and expand their business.
- In addition, the Gharauni scheme facilitates transfer of ancestral land and properties to their rightful owners.
Switch to Hindi