Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on September 21, 2022, to reduce the over speed on the National Highway (NH) in Bihar, eight to 10 km on all NHs. An automatic radar gun will be installed on the road, so that online fines can be imposed on every vehicle speeding above the stipulated speed limit.
- After levying the fine, the vehicle owners will be informed online, i.e. through SMS. Radar will be installed on all those NHs where accidents are happening more. Also, special attention will be given to accident sites while installing radar.
- Five state officials were sent to Bengaluru for training in this regard. Now after training in Delhi on September 29-30, they will submit their full report to the government, so that the case of over speed in road accidents can be reduced.
- Over speed is believed to be the biggest cause of road accidents on national highways (NHs) in Bihar. In 2021, most of the accidents on NH-31, NH-28, NH-30 and NH-57 in the state took place.
- The most dangerous of these is NH-31. 644 road accidents occurred on this NH passing through Nawada, Bihar Sharif, Patna, Begusarai, Khagaria, Purnia and Kishanganj, in which 520 died. There were 515 accidents in which 443 people died on NH-28 passing through Begusarai, Muzaffarpur and Gopalganj. A total of 3285 accidents took place in NH in Bihar.
Why In News?
- On September 21, 2022, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar instructed the officials to create new eco-tourism spots in the state in a departmental review meeting.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has given the task of creating new eco-tourism spots in the state to Forest and Environment Minister Tej Pratap Yadav.
- The Chief Minister directed the officials to select other places in addition to the tourist places that have been developed in Bihar. Also, work to develop it as a tourist destination.
- The Chief Minister said that after the bifurcation of Jharkhand from Bihar, the green cover area of the state was reduced to nine percent. In the year 2012, Hariyali Mission was started, under which a target of planting 24 crore saplings was set, in which 22 crore saplings were planted. The Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali campaign was launched in the year 2019. In this, a target has been set to plant more and more saplings in all the districts.
- The green cover area of the state has now increased to 15 percent due to plantation of large number of saplings. The Chief Minister said that to increase the green cover area of the state to at least 17 percent, plantation should be done faster.
Switch to Hindi