New Eco-Tourism Spots will be Built in Bihar
- 22 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 21, 2022, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar instructed the officials to create new eco-tourism spots in the state in a departmental review meeting.
- Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has given the task of creating new eco-tourism spots in the state to Forest and Environment Minister Tej Pratap Yadav.
- The Chief Minister directed the officials to select other places in addition to the tourist places that have been developed in Bihar. Also, work to develop it as a tourist destination.
- The Chief Minister said that after the bifurcation of Jharkhand from Bihar, the green cover area of the state was reduced to nine percent. In the year 2012, Hariyali Mission was started, under which a target of planting 24 crore saplings was set, in which 22 crore saplings were planted. The Jal-Jeevan-Hariyali campaign was launched in the year 2019. In this, a target has been set to plant more and more saplings in all the districts.
- The green cover area of the state has now increased to 15 percent due to plantation of large number of saplings. The Chief Minister said that to increase the green cover area of the state to at least 17 percent, plantation should be done faster.