The Rajasthan Appropriation (No-3) Bill, 2022
- 22 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- On September 21, 2022, the Rajasthan Assembly passed the Rajasthan Appropriation (No.3) Bill, 2022 by voice vote.
- Responding to the discussion on the Bill, Minister-in-Charge and MLA Bulaki Das Kalla said that the State Government has fully complied with the Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FBRM). The fiscal deficit of the state has been less than 5 percent as compared to 6.09 percent in 2016-17.
- He said that the government's on-tax revenue has increased by 28 percent and non-tax revenue by 23 percent. Due to better financial management, the revenue receipts were 90 thousand 11 crores in August, 2021, which has reached 1 lakh 30 thousand 777 crores in August this year.
- The Minister-in-Charge informed that the government has taken the demands of supplementary grants for implementation of RGSS, ERCP, Nehru Youth Hostel (Delhi), Indira Gandhi Shahari Rozgar Guarantee Yojna, Jaipur Metro, Udan etc. The aim of the government is to create capital assets and utilize the money properly.
- While placing the bill in the house, he said that this bill has been brought to authorize the payment and appropriation of certain amounts from the Consolidated Fund of the state for the services of the financial year 2022-23. With the passage of the Bill, an amount of Rs 4 thousand 402 crore 12 lakh 18 thousand can be paid and applied.
- Earlier, the assembly also passed the demands for supplementary grants for the year 2022-23 (first compilation). In-charge Minister Kalla presented the demands, which were passed by the House using a mouthpiece.