Automatic Radar Gun will be Installed on all NH of Bihar
- 22 Sep 2022
- 2 min read
Why In News?
- According to the information received from the media on September 21, 2022, to reduce the over speed on the National Highway (NH) in Bihar, eight to 10 km on all NHs. An automatic radar gun will be installed on the road, so that online fines can be imposed on every vehicle speeding above the stipulated speed limit.
- After levying the fine, the vehicle owners will be informed online, i.e. through SMS. Radar will be installed on all those NHs where accidents are happening more. Also, special attention will be given to accident sites while installing radar.
- Five state officials were sent to Bengaluru for training in this regard. Now after training in Delhi on September 29-30, they will submit their full report to the government, so that the case of over speed in road accidents can be reduced.
- Over speed is believed to be the biggest cause of road accidents on national highways (NHs) in Bihar. In 2021, most of the accidents on NH-31, NH-28, NH-30 and NH-57 in the state took place.
- The most dangerous of these is NH-31. 644 road accidents occurred on this NH passing through Nawada, Bihar Sharif, Patna, Begusarai, Khagaria, Purnia and Kishanganj, in which 520 died. There were 515 accidents in which 443 people died on NH-28 passing through Begusarai, Muzaffarpur and Gopalganj. A total of 3285 accidents took place in NH in Bihar.