Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, Dr. Ramrao Bhonsle, Director of Women and Child Development, Madhya Pradesh informed that so far 93 thousand 32 anganwadi centres have been registered by 1 lakh 235 different institutions/individuals for cooperation in 'Adopt an Anganwadi'.
- The 'Adopt an Aanganwadi' campaign has been launched by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to upgrade anganwadi centres and to realize the concept of people's cooperation therein.
- In 'Adopt n Anganwadi', the collaborators and donors can participate by collaborating on the basic needs of the centres, the individual needs of the children and the health and nutrition arrangements.
- It may be mentioned that there are about 97 thousand 135 anganwadis and mini-anganwadis operating in the state through which health and nutrition services are being provided to children up to 6 years, pregnant and lactating mothers and pre-school education to children in the age group of 3 to 6 years.
- Dr. Bhonsle informed that a support of Rs. 1.98 crore has been received by the collaborators for therapeutic nutrition and medicines for prevention of moderate and severe malnutrition of children in nutrition and nutrition component.
Switch to Hindi