'Adopt an Anganwadi' Campaign
- 24 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, Dr. Ramrao Bhonsle, Director of Women and Child Development, Madhya Pradesh informed that so far 93 thousand 32 anganwadi centres have been registered by 1 lakh 235 different institutions/individuals for cooperation in 'Adopt an Anganwadi'.
- The 'Adopt an Aanganwadi' campaign has been launched by Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to upgrade anganwadi centres and to realize the concept of people's cooperation therein.
- In 'Adopt n Anganwadi', the collaborators and donors can participate by collaborating on the basic needs of the centres, the individual needs of the children and the health and nutrition arrangements.
- It may be mentioned that there are about 97 thousand 135 anganwadis and mini-anganwadis operating in the state through which health and nutrition services are being provided to children up to 6 years, pregnant and lactating mothers and pre-school education to children in the age group of 3 to 6 years.
- Dr. Bhonsle informed that a support of Rs. 1.98 crore has been received by the collaborators for therapeutic nutrition and medicines for prevention of moderate and severe malnutrition of children in nutrition and nutrition component.