Raj Olive Store
- 24 May 2022
- 1 min read
Why in News?
- On May 23, 2022, Rajasthan Agriculture Minister Lalchand Kataria inaugurated the 'Raj Olive Store' at Durgapura Research Centre complex in Jaipur.
- The store has been opened to ensure availability of organic vegetables and various olive products to the general public.
- Additionally high grade honey, oil and vinegar made from olives with pure water and organic vegetables are also available at a reasonable price in the store.
- The vegetables in this store are supplied from the Centre of Agricultural Excellence at Bassi of the Department of Agriculture.
- It is worth mentioning that olive oil is a great source of various nutrients. Apart from vitamins A, D, E and K, it contains carbohydrates, proteins, alpha linoleic acid, oleic acid and omega-9 fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial in cancer, heart disease, diseases associated with bones, diabetes, etc.