Why In News
- Recently, a report titled 'Status Report on Missing Children' was released by the NGO 'Child Rights and You' (CRY), according to which Madhya Pradesh recorded the highest number of cases of missing children in the year 2021.
- As per the report, 10648 cases were registered in 2021 as compared to 8751 cases of missing children in 2020 in Madhya Pradesh i.e.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the number of girls in missing cases has been almost five times that of boys.
- In Madhya Pradesh, the highest number of missing cases have been reported from Indore, Bhopal, Dhar, Jabalpur and Rewa districts.
- It is worth mentioning that Child Rights and You is an Indian NON-governmental organization that works towards ensuring the rights of children. The organisation was started in 1979 by Air India purser Ripon Kapoor.
Switch to Hindi