Why in News?
- On May 19, 2022, Chandrashekhar Tiwari, president of the Sanskriti Bachao Manch in Bhopal, submitted a memorandum to Home Minister Narottam Mishra, claiming that there was a 'Shiva Temple' at Jama Masjid.
- According to Chandrashekhar Tiwari, president of Sanskriti Bachao Manch, in the Bhopal State Gazetteer-1908 of the British, the mosque has been told to have a Shiva temple, while 50 years later, in 1958, the Waqf registration of the mosque was done.
- The first woman ruler of Bhopal, Kudsia Begum, built the mosque between 1832 and 1857 AD, which is mentioned in her book 'Hayate Qudsi'. In this book, it is also mentioned that there is a Shiva temple in the mosque.
- It is worth noting that this mosque, built on a nine-meter square high place, is also based on the Charbagh style, like the Jama Masjid of Delhi.
- There are 'hujaras' on the four corners of the mosque, there is a large courtyard inside and the prayer place of the mosque is based on a semi-pillar and an independent pillar.
Switch to Hindi