Why in News?
- On August 15, 2022, Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren honored police officers and policemen of the state with President's Police Medal and other medals.
- The Chief Minister honored Murari Lal Meena, Additional Director General of Police (HQ), Ranchi and Havildar Mahendra Prasad, (Special Branch), Ranchi with the President's Police Medal for distinguished service.
- Martyr, Assistant Sub Inspector Banua Oraon, Police Under Inspector Prakash Kumar Rajak, Commander (CRPF), Kunal were awarded President's Police Medal/Police Medal for Gallantry.
- Deputy Superintendent of Police Ranchi/Deputy Superintendent of Police Musabani Chandrashekhar Azad, Inspector of Police Shyam Kishore Mahato were awarded the Union Home Minister's Medal for Excellence in Research.
- Junior Inspector Tovius Topno, Junior Inspector Chandra Bhushan Singh, Assistant Junior Inspector Vijay Kumar Ram, Assistant Junior Inspector Vijay Kumar Yadav, Assistant Junior Inspector Manindra Kumar, Havildar Sanjay Kumar Shrestha, Havildar Dharmendra Kumar, Havildar Vinay Manjhi, Havildar Ajit Kumar, Havildar Sanjay Kumar Yadav, Havildar Mumtaz Khan, driver constable Raghavendra Narayan Choubey and police inspector Ashok Kumar Ram were awarded police medals for meritorious service.
- Similarly, Police Inspector Hulas Purti, Police Inspector Devki Saga, Police Sub Inspector Pankaj Oraon, Assistant Sub Inspector Rajiv Ranjan, Assistant Junior Inspector Rajesh Kumar, Assistant Sub Inspector Somnath Pandya, Havildar Baleshwar Yadav Havildar Praduman Gupta, Havildar Jitendra Kumar Singh and Havildar Arun Kumar Singh was awarded Police Medal for Meritorious Service.
- It is noteworthy that the President's Police Medal is the highest honor given to any police officer for his service to the nation.
Switch to Hindi