Why in News
- On September 11, 2021, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind, laid the foundation stone of the Uttar Pradesh National Law University Prayagraj and the Advocate Chamber and Multi-Level Parking to be constructed with an amount of Rs 640.37 crore during the program organized in Allahabad High Court.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and Supreme Court Chief Justice N.V. Ramanna was also present.
- The President said that the Allahabad High Court is the fourth High Court established in India in terms of history and the largest High Court in the country in terms of the number of judges.
- He said that the historic decision to register Cornelia Sorabji, India's first woman lawyer, was taken in this High Court in the year 1921, which was a futuristic decision of the Allahabad High Court in the direction of women empowerment.
- On this occasion, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that Prayagraj is also an important center of education. In order to avoid political interference in the Law University, make an act to make the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court the visitor of this university.
- During the program, the President unveiled the portrait of Senior Advocate Late. Shri Anand Bhushan. A presentation was also made in the program about the establishment of Allahabad High Court and its glorious history.
Switch to Hindi