Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Water Testing lab to Come up in Dinapur
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, a seven-member team from Denmark inspected Dinapur STP and discussed with the officials of Jal Nigam to set up a laboratory for testing water in the mechanical branch of Dinapur STP, Uttar Pradesh.
- A seven-member team led by the Development Minister of Nordic Corporation Denmark visited the 140 MLD plant at Dinapur STP and inquired about the capacity of all the sewage treatment plants in Varanasi.
- Jal Nigam officials said that sewage is treated with a capacity of about 412 MLD. This plan is for 2030.
- The DG of Namami Gange told that the people of Denmark will build a laboratory with new technology. In this, both sewage and drinking water will be tested.
- Apart from this, the Danish delegation interacted with professors, environmentalists and research students, including the commissioner, at BHU's Swatantra Bhavan and discussed the work being done to clean the Ganga and its tributaries.
- Danish Development Cooperation Minister Fleming Möller Mortensen and Danish Ambassador to India Freddy Swane, Denmark Foreign Affairs, Permanent Secretary and all Danish delegates were also briefed about the research being done on Ganga-Varuna.
- Minister Fleming Moller Mortensen said that India and Denmark are signing an agreement for the first time in the field of environment, river water conservation. Smart River Laboratory will be set up in Varanasi for cleaning Ganga.
- Director of BHU's Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development, Prof. AS Raghuvanshi told the situation of Varuna and Assi. Ganga Mitra Rohit told that from Prayagraj to Ballia, nectar forests will be planted on the banks of the Ganges. In this belt, 15,000 Ganga water protectors have been prepared. 15 Zones, 15 Ganga Coordinators, 120 Ganga Sub Coordinators, 1500 Working Sites and 1500 Conservation Societies have been created.
Rajasthan Switch to Hindi
North India's Famous Gogaji Mela Begins
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, Devasthan, Industries and Commerce Minister Shakuntala Rawat duly inaugurated the famous Gogamedi fair of North India, a symbol of communal harmony, by hoisting the flag after offering prayers.
- It is worth mentioning that every year a huge fair is held in Gogamedi (Hanumangarh) from Shravan Shukla Purnima to Bhadrapada Shukla Purnima in the memory of one of the five pirs of Rajasthan, the popular deity Gogaji.
- Veer Gogaji was the son of Raja Jewar Singh, a descendant of the Nagvanshi Chauhans. It is believed that he was born with the blessings of Guru Gorakhnath. He is worshiped as the god of snakes in Rajasthan.
- He was born in Vikram Samvat 1003 in Dadreva of Rajgarh tehsil of Churu district in Rajasthan. He is considered a contemporary of Mahmud Ghaznavi.
- Jaharveer Gogaji is a popular deity in North India. Apart from Rajasthan, Gogaji is also worshiped as a folk deity in Gujarat, Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Bamboo Plantation in 623 Hectare Area in Three Selected Districts
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, Forest Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Dr. Kunwar Vijay Shah informed that last year bamboo was planted in 623 hectare area in three districts - Dewas, Harda and Rewa selected for bamboo production under the 'One District - One Product' scheme.
- The Forest Minister told that plantation work includes 263 hectares of agricultural area in all the three districts and 360 hectares of agricultural area under MNREGA scheme.
- For this financial year, a target of plantation in 1100 hectares of agricultural area in these three districts, 250 hectares in forest area under MGNREGA scheme and 750 hectares under forest department plans has been given.
- Forest Minister Dr. Shah informed that under the 'One District-One Product' scheme, 6 districts of the state have been selected in the Wooden Cluster. Among these, Betul district have been included for teak, Alirajpur and Umaria for mahua, Dewas, Harda and Rewa for bamboo production.
- Targets have been set according to the available bamboo resources by preparing a five-year roadmap for these three districts selected for bamboo.
- Betul district has been selected for teak production. The land selection process for the Wooden Cluster in the district is under process. Units will be selected for the Wooden Cluster by investing about Rs 87 crore by 71 investment arts. These units will provide direct employment to 1600 persons.
- Similarly, in Alirajpur and Umaria districts, the selection of beneficiaries for Mahua product is in process. In both these districts, outdoor plantation will be done for the production of forest produce.
Madhya Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Sickle Cell Anaemia Patients in Tribal Areas Get Treatment With Homeopathy Medicines
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, it was informed by the Department of AYUSH of Madhya Pradesh that till now the Government Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital had conducted door-to-door screening tests for the identification of sickle cell anemia, in which more than 23 thousand tribal people were tested. Gone.
- After testing, 2138 tribal persons were found positive with sickle cell disease. When these patients were re-tested, the disease was confirmed in 1656 people. Homeopathic medicines were given to the affected persons by the research team.
- Affected persons have got benefit after giving regular medicine. In this disease, the problem of blood loss and pain persisted in the affected persons. The patients got rid of it by taking the medicine. These patients needed to be given blood transfusions from time to time, patients have also been relieved from it. Along with this, their immunity has also increased.
- It is noteworthy that the Government Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital had received a special project of Rs 3.75 crore from the Government of India 3 years ago, under which people suffering from this disease are being identified and treated among the tribes of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Tribal Department of the Government of India in collaboration with the Department of AYUSH of Madhya Pradesh is running a special project for the treatment of sickle cell in Baiga and Bharia for the special backward tribes living in four districts (Dindori, Mandla, Chhindwara and Shahdol) of the state.
- In this project, the patients who are being given homeopathic medicines, their current lifestyle is also being studied regularly by the research team. In this project of Homeopathy Medical College, help of World Health Organization, AIIMS, ICMR, Indian Institute of Science and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal is being taken for research work.
- Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disease in which blood cells become moon (or sickle) in shape instead of round, and the body lacks blood and oxygen. This disease usually occurs in tribes and its treatment is not available in allopathy, but there are medicines in homeopathy, which start formation of new blood in the body.
- It is worth mentioning that three special backward tribes, namely Bharia, Baiga and Sahariya are residing in Madhya Pradesh. 11 Special Backward Tribal Development Agencies have been constituted by the state government, which are Mandla, Baihar (Balaghat), Dindori, Pushprajgarh (Anuppur), Shahdol, Umaria, Gwalior (including Datia district), Sheopur (including Bhind, Morena district), Shivpuri is in Guna (including Ashoknagar district) and Tamia (Chhindwara). In 2314 villages identified in these agencies, 5.51 lakh people of special backward tribes reside.
Haryana Switch to Hindi
ATM Fraud Investigation Cell Set up in Haryana
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, Haryana Police Spokesperson said that in view of increasing digital world as well as increasing cases of ATM frauds, State Crime Branch of Haryana Police has started 22 ATM Fraud Investigation Cells (AFIC) in all 22 districts of the state.
- The spokesperson said that the AFIC, which was started on July 1, 2022, has been handed over 132 untrace cases from different districts of the state for investigation by the State Crime Branch.
- It is worth noting that at present ATM is an important part of the life of common people. Criminals have worked to break into this important part. Many times in such financial fraud cases, untrace report is given by the district police and the accused escape.
- Additional Director General of Police (State Crime Branch) OP Singh has given strict instructions to solve this problem and work on untrace cases again. Under the same concept, ATM Fraud Investigation Cell has been started under State Crime Branch in Haryana, in which the initiative has been taken to solve the untrace cases of the districts.
- Often the accused escape due to lack of evidence in research, but the ATM Fraud Investigation Cell has been established keeping in mind these crimes, so that the hard earned money of the general public can be saved.
- At present, the cell working under the State Crime Branch is studying all the untrace cases closely, so that after solving these cases, the criminals can be put behind the bars and the public has faith in the action and loyalty of the police and Can be deep
Switch to Hindi