Sickle Cell Anaemia Patients in Tribal Areas Get Treatment With Homeopathy Medicines
- 12 Aug 2022
- 4 min read
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, it was informed by the Department of AYUSH of Madhya Pradesh that till now the Government Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital had conducted door-to-door screening tests for the identification of sickle cell anemia, in which more than 23 thousand tribal people were tested. Gone.
- After testing, 2138 tribal persons were found positive with sickle cell disease. When these patients were re-tested, the disease was confirmed in 1656 people. Homeopathic medicines were given to the affected persons by the research team.
- Affected persons have got benefit after giving regular medicine. In this disease, the problem of blood loss and pain persisted in the affected persons. The patients got rid of it by taking the medicine. These patients needed to be given blood transfusions from time to time, patients have also been relieved from it. Along with this, their immunity has also increased.
- It is noteworthy that the Government Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital had received a special project of Rs 3.75 crore from the Government of India 3 years ago, under which people suffering from this disease are being identified and treated among the tribes of Madhya Pradesh.
- The Tribal Department of the Government of India in collaboration with the Department of AYUSH of Madhya Pradesh is running a special project for the treatment of sickle cell in Baiga and Bharia for the special backward tribes living in four districts (Dindori, Mandla, Chhindwara and Shahdol) of the state.
- In this project, the patients who are being given homeopathic medicines, their current lifestyle is also being studied regularly by the research team. In this project of Homeopathy Medical College, help of World Health Organization, AIIMS, ICMR, Indian Institute of Science and Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal is being taken for research work.
- Sickle cell anemia is a genetic disease in which blood cells become moon (or sickle) in shape instead of round, and the body lacks blood and oxygen. This disease usually occurs in tribes and its treatment is not available in allopathy, but there are medicines in homeopathy, which start formation of new blood in the body.
- It is worth mentioning that three special backward tribes, namely Bharia, Baiga and Sahariya are residing in Madhya Pradesh. 11 Special Backward Tribal Development Agencies have been constituted by the state government, which are Mandla, Baihar (Balaghat), Dindori, Pushprajgarh (Anuppur), Shahdol, Umaria, Gwalior (including Datia district), Sheopur (including Bhind, Morena district), Shivpuri is in Guna (including Ashoknagar district) and Tamia (Chhindwara). In 2314 villages identified in these agencies, 5.51 lakh people of special backward tribes reside.