Uttar Pradesh Switch to Hindi
Water Testing lab to Come up in Dinapur
Why in News?
On August 11, 2022, a seven-member team from Denmark inspected Dinapur STP and discussed with the officials of Jal Nigam to set up a laboratory for testing water in the mechanical branch of Dinapur STP, Uttar Pradesh.
- A seven-member team led by the Development Minister of Nordic Corporation Denmark visited the 140 MLD plant at Dinapur STP and inquired about the capacity of all the sewage treatment plants in Varanasi.
- Jal Nigam officials said that sewage is treated with a capacity of about 412 MLD. This plan is for 2030.
- The DG of Namami Gange told that the people of Denmark will build a laboratory with new technology. In this, both sewage and drinking water will be tested.
- Apart from this, the Danish delegation interacted with professors, environmentalists and research students, including the commissioner, at BHU's Swatantra Bhavan and discussed the work being done to clean the Ganga and its tributaries.
- Danish Development Cooperation Minister Fleming Möller Mortensen and Danish Ambassador to India Freddy Swane, Denmark Foreign Affairs, Permanent Secretary and all Danish delegates were also briefed about the research being done on Ganga-Varuna.
- Minister Fleming Moller Mortensen said that India and Denmark are signing an agreement for the first time in the field of environment, river water conservation. Smart River Laboratory will be set up in Varanasi for cleaning Ganga.
- Director of BHU's Institute of Environment and Sustainable Development, Prof. AS Raghuvanshi told the situation of Varuna and Assi. Ganga Mitra Rohit told that from Prayagraj to Ballia, nectar forests will be planted on the banks of the Ganges. In this belt, 15,000 Ganga water protectors have been prepared. 15 Zones, 15 Ganga Coordinators, 120 Ganga Sub Coordinators, 1500 Working Sites and 1500 Conservation Societies have been created.
Switch to Hindi